Time to test your patience and pull out your slow cooker! This week were making slow cooked sweet and sour pork. Tender bits of porkiness, sweet pineapple, and crisp vegetables make this dish a beautiful treat after a long day. Accompanying this dish is a playlist filled with some long, slow, sweet ( with a touch of sour) songs. Enjoy!
4 Pork chops, cubed
2 stalks of celery
1 bell pepper of your choice
½ can of pineapple chunks
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup water
1/4 cup vinegar
1 tbs soya sauce
2 tbs cornstarch
- Dice up your veggies into big chunks
- Dice up your meat into big chunks
- Put into a slow cooker – if you have 8 hours, use the low setting, if 4, high, if somewhere in between, start with the cooker on high for an hour or two then lower it down for the last portion of cooking
- In a bowl, mix up your brown sugar, water, vinegar, and soya sauce, add to slow cooker put the lid on and wait!
- With 1 hour left to cook, take half the liquid from a can of pineapple and put into a cup. Add the cornstarch, stir, and add that mixture to the crockpot. Add half the can of the pineapple (the whole can if you are so inclined to intense pineapples tastes)
- After an hour with th e freshly added cornstarch and pineapple, your creation shall be ready to devour. ENJOY!
A slow, low, sweet and sour mix:
Timber Timbre – Black Water
Al Green – How Can You Mend A Broken Heart
Plants And Animals – Lola Who?
LCD Soundsystem – Somebody’s Calling Me
Animal Collective – Street Flash
The Beatles – Hey Jude (Notable Nod)
The Chameleons – View From A Hill
Timber Timbre – Hot Dreams
Sunset Rubdown – Dragon’s Lair