According to Wikipedia:
- Swiss national radio reported that "the [Swiss] Foreign Ministry has offered to mediate between [Catalonia and Spain] in the crisis [regarding Catalonia's independence]. However, on 16 October 2017, the Foreign Ministry...released a press note declaring that no formal offer was made, also stating that the independent aspirations in Catalonia are an internal affair of Spain"
- Donald Trump in Music: In a recent live show, Canadian punk band D.O.A changed the title of their song "F***** Up Ronnie" (1981, in relation to Ronald Reagan), to "F****** Up Donnie." In "Sunday, Bloody Sunday" by U2, Bono changed the lyrics from "When fact is fiction and TV reality" to "When fact is fiction and reality TV", in relation to Donald Trump's reality TV career
- List of 'The Simpsons' couch gags: The most recent episode on October 15 featured "the Simpson family [as] the furniture instead of the characters on the couch: Homer is the couch, Bart is the left lamp, Lisa is the right lamp, Maggie is the painting above the couch and Marge is the TV antenna. Couches come in to sit on Homer"
- The core focus of [John Deere] remained on the agricultural implements, but John Deere also made a few bicycles in the 1890s"
- Resolute Bay and Sanikiluaq's broadband communications were "upgraded to 4G LTE technology, and 2G-GSM for mobile voice"
For more Wikipedia edits, tune in to WikiNews on Tuesdays at 9am and Saturdays at noon, or listen online at www.cfur.ca