Here is a step by step guide to smoked pork-hock and caramelized onion scalloped potatoes. This recipe co-exists with earthy yet simple tunes which have straightforward melodies layered atop one another in a very scrumptious arrangement giving way to big filling sounds. Layerz.
the main prize!
4 potatoes, washed and sliced thinly
2 onions, sliced thinly
2 cloves of garlic, minced
2 cups of milk
2 tbsp flour
2 cups of grated cheese (I used mozza)
1 Pork Hock, meat removed from bone and cute up in little bits
- Pre-heat oven to 375
- Thinly slice your potatoes
- Thinly slice your onions into little rounds
- Trim prok hock fat
- Fry your onions in the chunks of pork hock fat over medium-low heat. salt and pepper
- While onions are frying, grate your cheese
- Also, chop up your pork hock meat
- In a bowl, stir together milk and flour and salt and pepper
- Oil a casserole dish or cake pan or whatever you got
- Make a layer of potatoes, put a few onions on top, put a hand ful of cheese, and pour a little flour milk on top. Add a chunk of butter.
- Repeat until nearing the top of your dish
- Add your prok hock bits
- Sprinkle liberally with the rest of your cheese
- Bake covered for about 45 minutes, remove the lid and bake for another 15.
- If the top is not browning up, broil on low for a little bit
Listen to a layered playlist featuring Nova Scotia's Nap Eyes, Prince George's Britt AM, and Germany's Lali Puna.