The time has come for students to study hard. As CFUR is your community campus radio station, we've put together a list of suggestions for how to best prepare for your midterms.
1) Study, sleep well, eat well, manage your stress levels.
2) Throw caution to the wind, greater men and women than you have met the harsh winds and cold climes of studying and have still failed. instead, gather your courage, resolve to live life to the fullest until your inevitable academic doom, and go out and support these fine events:
- Nov 28th Mike Smith live at Shiraz. Admission by donation, 7:00 PM
- Nov 29th Bright City Heights live at Nancy O’s $5 at the door, 9:00 PM
- Nov 20th-Dec 10th The Patron Saint of Stanley Park Presented by Theatre Northwest. Ticket prices from $18.50-$29.50, available at Books and Company.
- November 28th: The Santa Claus Debate at UNBC- does Santa Claus exist? Presented by the UNBC Debate club. 7:00 in the Canfor Theatre, FREE!
- December 5th: CBC Foodbank Day! head to the CBC office on Victoria Street from 6:30-9 am to donate nonperishable food items, and to hear some great tunes from local sensations Black Spruce Bog!
- November 29th: How The Grinch Stole Christmas: A Choral Story Reading! Presented by Nova Voce Choral Society. 4 show times: 10:00 AM, 11:00, 1:30 PM, and 2:30PM, tickets $5! at the CN Centre.
- December 5th: The Chevy's! Rockabilly performing at Shiraz! 7:30pm, no entry.
- December 12: Stand Up (Christmas Edition) John Perotta! Nancy O's, 8:30 Pm, $20.
- December 13th: Percussion Troupe! Shiraz. 7:30. No cover!
If you hear of any other neato events, give us or the fine folks at Understory a shout! (Thanks to Naomi at Understory for the head's up on many of these events)