The show that sounds like knitted sweaters feel. Feel good meditative rainy day anythings from any genre featuring mostly Canadian artists and many locals. Created by Kyle Rowell and made possible by the many friendly peeps at CFUR radio.
PLAYING TRACKS BY
Dorthy Asnby, Millie Jackson, Elbernita "twinkie" Clark, James Carr, Jose Feliciano and more.
PLAYING TRACKS BY
Herbie Hancock, Simon Haseley, Curtis Harding, Nina Simone, Jean Pierre Mirouze and more.
According to Wikipedia:
- Swiss national radio reported that "the [Swiss] Foreign Ministry has offered to mediate between [Catalonia and Spain] in the crisis [regarding Catalonia's independence]. However, on 16 October 2017, the Foreign Ministry...released a press note declaring that no formal offer was made, also stating that the independent aspirations in Catalonia are an internal affair of Spain"
- Donald Trump in Music: In a recent live show, Canadian punk band D.O.A changed the title of their song "F***** Up Ronnie" (1981, in relation to Ronald Reagan), to "F****** Up Donnie." In "Sunday, Bloody Sunday" by U2, Bono changed the lyrics from "When fact is fiction and TV reality" to "When fact is fiction and reality TV", in relation to Donald Trump's reality TV career
- List of 'The Simpsons' couch gags: The most recent episode on October 15 featured "the Simpson family [as] the furniture instead of the characters on the couch: Homer is the couch, Bart is the left lamp, Lisa is the right lamp, Maggie is the painting above the couch and Marge is the TV antenna. Couches come in to sit on Homer"
- The core focus of [John Deere] remained on the agricultural implements, but John Deere also made a few bicycles in the 1890s"
- Resolute Bay and Sanikiluaq's broadband communications were "upgraded to 4G LTE technology, and 2G-GSM for mobile voice"
For more Wikipedia edits, tune in to WikiNews on Tuesdays at 9am and Saturdays at noon, or listen online at www.cfur.ca
A World of Good is a show all about showcasing great international or internationally inspired music. This show has been running on CFUR since January 2016 and is hosted by yours truly, Jesmeen, with an occasional guest appearance from the elusive Albert. Currently, we're on hiatus; but luckily, all our episodes ever aired are hanging out on Mixcloud for your enjoyment.
From Canada to Argentina to Pakistan to Japan to Senegal-- we've got music from everywhere, interspersed with fun facts from the bands we play, our own bad jokes, tips from the Farmer's Almanac, and so, so much more.
Check it all out at: Mixcloud.com/DeoJ
And to get you started, here's our most recent episode:
So have a listen if you're in the mood for a trip around the world. We spin the globe. And wherever our finger lands, we'll take you there.
Those words, sung by the great Toots Hibberts, are, for better or for worse, true for most of us. In these hectic lives we find ourselves in, pressures mount on all sides. Jobs, debts, family, relationships. Need I go on? Yes? Okay, fine: student loans, sickness, deadlines, homework, trucks that won't start, responsibilities that won't stop.
It's time for Pressure Drop.
Let your troubles worry about themselves for a minute (Or, better yet, for 58 consecutive minutes) and kick back with some quality radio programming. Let DJ Sol's soothing selection of ska, reggae, rocksteady, and punk flow through their ears and into your weary mind.
Have a listen to this, the 11th episode of Pressure Drop, and let that pressure drop off your shoulders.
An oncoming heatwave lurks in the waning August Sun. Embrace it or run from it? Ride the snake my friends. It all comes back on itself eventually. Turn off the A/C (if you have it) Grab some ice (if you can get it), and celebrate the fact that its hot enough to melt it.
P.S. I'm making hats made out of hubcaps at the stand this week. Far more fashionable than your standard tin-foil hat, and with equal heat radiation & signal interference properties.
Dr Nigel here with 60 CC's of Awesome Coming your way with The Totally Awesome Abyss of Randomness
The last show of the 2016-2017 season! Tune in for the final chapter of the Theme Song Retro with Maggie MacInnes, Mairi MacInnes, Fiona Mackenzie, and more!
I hope you enjoyed this past season and I'm looking forward to another great season with you in September. First Monday after Labour Day! See you then!